Saturday, January 31, 2015

Modern Mythical Creature Challenge



Time for the first Modern Bard challenge of 2015! This is one Mara gave me, and I must admit, I have been super excited about it since she came up with it like, last summer, so I hope to see a good turnout for this one!

Modern Mythical Creature Challenge

Rules:

This challenge is to write a story set in modern times that somehow involves a mythical creature. Like a young girl befriends a unicorn on her grandparents farm in Virginia or a griffon wreaks havoc on New York City. Think Percy Jackson kind of idea, but take your own twist with it. The only real rule is that the story has to in some way involve a mythical creature (and it has to be an actual one from myth or legend, not a made up one.)

As usual, I'l setting the bar at 10,000 words, but I have a feeling I'm going to go over that on this one, so if you do, don't worry about it. This is a creative spot, but if you decide it's going to be a novel, I'll post the first chapter as the challenge ;-)

When:

I will need entries by May 8th, when you get to that point, let me know if you need more time.

~~~~~~~

If you want to participate in this challenge, email me at sirwilliamssquire@gmail.com 

Tell your friends! Also, I'm up for suggestions about some mini challenges to do for fun over the summer. If any of you have any ideas, let me know! Either comment or email me.

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for this one!

Cheers, and I hope you are all having a good 2015 so far!

~Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always appreciate getting comments and constructive criticism, but please keep it civil.