Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Modern Bard's Summer Writing Challenge


First of all, I would like to apologize for the fact that I do not have a new chapter of The Voices Beneath up today. This week has just been so busy, and I'm doing the "Sweet Summer Read-A-Thon" for my other blog, which is taking up all my spare time and I'm in the course of editing my latest novel so writing Mordred's story just didn't happen. Since we're in the climax, I didn't want to just throw a chapter together last minute, so I might put it on hiatus for the next couple weeks while I finish writing the story entirely and have time to fix it up. So I apologize for that, but it will be better in the long run :-)

And that leads us onto the topic of this post! If you've been on Modern Bard, I'm sure you have seen our Spring Challenge about writing retellings, and now we have a brand new challenge for the summer!

I'm always looking for writers eager to join in, so if you would like to, here's what it's all about:


Write a Story Involving or About an Author
These are the rules:
-The author (an actual author, not just a fictional character who is an author) doesn’t have to be a children’s author, or even a favorite author; but they do have to be considered a classic writer. 
-They can be the protagonist, or not, but they MUST be very prominent in the story.
-The story doesn’t have to be historically accurate; you can even put a fantastical twist on it! i.e. Lewis Carroll went to Wonderland, Charles Dickens wrote A Christmas Carol because he encountered ghost-like aliens, etc.
If you would like to join in on this challenge, the date to finish is August 20th. Please email me if you want to participate at sirwilliamssquire@gmail.com so I can give you further details and answer any questions you might have! I would love to see you there.

Another fun announcement is that I made an official Modern Bard blog button now, (seen below). If you write for Modern Bard or like to read it, feel feel to snag it for your own blog. I don't know how to do the html, so you can do it the old fashioned way and copy and paste it, just remember to link it back to Modern Bard!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always appreciate getting comments and constructive criticism, but please keep it civil.